Producers/multi instrumentalists Rosario & Badmandela are two thirds of The Goods. Bringing a sound that reaches into the realms of spaced out synth funk, crooked lean R’n’B and lowslung house, The Goods’ flavour is both wild and eclectic yet sharply focused.
Their signature sound can be showcased on their creative outlet The Good’s recent singles “Peach” & “Let’s Roll ft. Touch Sensitive”.
In between their schedule as ‘The Goods’ the pair can be found in the studio or on stage with an array of artists such as Touch Sensitive, Cosmo’s Midnight, Daniel Merriweather, Omar, Two Another, Kira Puru, Dereb The Ambassador, The Strides, George Maple, Adele, Ngaiire, Binjuice, Taku + Wafia and more.
In this intimate masterclass, Rosario and Badmandela will cover how they approach building their productions from start to finish by deconstructing one of their most recent singles to show you the building blocks of what makes their signature sound, and makes the goods one of the most exciting acts in Australia.
The Masterclass will include:
- Deconstructing an existing release and the parts that make it up
- Starting a song from an empty project, through development and building ideas into full production
- Sound and production choices and techniques
- Building productions using both live and electronic elements
- Drum production – the push and pull of rhythm. Putting feel into electronic drums/combining live drums with samples
- How to get the most out of your time in the studio. Working with time restraints and getting a maximum result in one session