Songwriter, mix engineer, producer and artist Jack Prest gives his unique insight into adding production and bringing a creative element to the mixing process.
Equally at home working on festival bangers or experimental electronica, Jack has lent his expertise to an array of artists including Sampa, Golden Vessel, Jonti, Godtet, The Preatures, Urthboy, and buzz worthy acts such as Donatachi, Benji Lewis, Julien Meir Leftenent, Bus Vipers, Azura, Yska and Jannah Beth. In addition to his mixing and production credits, Jack has also spent his time creating sound design and composition for dance and experimental theatre, having works featured at festivals around the globe.
The session will include key topics such as:
- The difference between a standard mix and a creative/ production mix
- The production process VS the mixing process
- Taking a song from concept demo to completion
- Bringing a creative production element to the mixing process
- Mixing techniques for Electronic Music
- Experimentation Vs Formula / Experimental Vs Commercial
- Decision Making / Finishing a track
Please join our waitlist and we’ll get in touch with you when we have new Masterclasses coming up.