Studios 301 and all of our partners would like to thank every entrant in this year’s Is It A Banger? Electronic Music Competition. We’ve uncovered some incredible talent across the multiple genres of electronic music and beyond.
After much deliberation, we have chosen our winner from a very tough shortlist…
We are very excited to announce Aaron Tarasiewicz aka XMPLA as our 2017 Is It A Banger? Music Competition winner!
Archie, head of A&R for Central Station Records / Tinted had this to say;
“The level of talent in this year’s competition was truly amazing. It was a really tough process, however I’m really excited to have landed on XMPLA as our winner! Not only does XMPLA produce, but he also writes and performs on his productions, with the extra extension of being a DJ as well! For that reason, I feel like XMPLA ticks all the boxes as our winner”.
XMPLA wins a massive prize package including the following:
- A collaborative session at Studios 301 with Chris Arnott, and topline writer Erin Marshall
- Mixing by Grammy nominated Studios 301 engineer Simon Cohen (Starley, Will Sparks)
- Mastering by Ben Feggans (Cut Copy, Vallis Alps, Hayden James)
- EMC Academy passes to this year’s Electronic Music Conference
- A consultation with Jane Slingo, Artist Manager & Executive Producer of EMC
- A mentoring session with the RAW FM station team
- A track added to the RAW FM playlist which will be premiered and receive across-the-board airplay
- A consultation with Karen Hamilton, General Manager of 120 Publishing
- A consultation with Milly Petriella, Director of Memberships at APRA
- A set at one of the Soapbox or Poster Child run club nights, Ivy Saturdays and Chinese Laundry
- Upside Music will provide a 4 week PR campaign targeted at premium blogs, plus SEO breakdown of your artist website and backlinks
- A 6 week Resident DJ / Dance Radio Platform Service provided by Relish Music
- A single release package by Central Station / Tinted Records