Studio & Recording Highlights
Highlights include US Billboard chart topping rapper A$AP Rocky, english grime artist Skepta and the self labeled “hardest working boyband in show business” Brockhampton. Brockhampton leaked their ASAP Rocky collab a few days later online.
Sony band CLEWS also locked out Studio 1 for 10 days with ARIA winning engineer Adrian Breakspear and Grammy Award winning engineer/producer Nick Didia.
Other notable sessions include a continuation for Chong Lim and David Campbell with Jack Prest mixing full band, string section and orchestra, LDRU, Glades, Australia’s got talent winner Fletcher Pilon with Tim Carr, Stefan Du Randt mixing Karise Eden’s new live EP, Joe Moore, Blessed, Manu Crooks, Genesis Owusu, Elephant tracks listening party for B-Wise, a film shoot for The Presets, recording Bigsound podcasts with themusic.com.au and more.
Our featured release of the month was Thundamentals album “I Love Songs” which debuted at #1 on the ARIA Charts and was vocal produced by 301 engineer Simon Cohen.
Mastering Engineer Highlights
- Leon Zervos has been working on new albums for Mark Vincent (Sony), David Campbell (Sony), HiJack (Taiwan) and a live album for Vance Joy (Unified). He’s also mastered music for Montaigne (Wonderlick), Owl Eyes (Mushroom), Hillsong, Ricki-Lee (EMI), Cyrus (Sony), Joshua Simon (Singapore), Robinson (Sony), Anfa Rose and Blues Arcadia.
- Steve Smart mastered this year’s triple j Like A Version compilation, along with releases for Julia Jacklin (Liberation Music), Alex The Astronaut (Minkowski Records), Winterbourne (UMA), The Money War, Morning Harvey, Eden Mulholland, and Sister Peach.
- Ben Feggans has been working on music for Bek Jensen, Sanctuary Lakes (Cut Copy), Luboku, Xmpla, Neon Cassettes, MAS1A (Singapore), Kid Fiction, Swaine Delgado,Pacific Avenue and E.T Le Créateur.
- Andrew Edgson has worked on a new album for Little May (Dew Process), and tracks for Courtney Barnett (Milk! Records/Remote Control), Thelma Plum (Warner), The Tambourine Girls and RACKETT.
- Harvey O’Sullivan has mastered projects for Karise Eden (UMA), Gordi (Jagjaguwar), Irrelevant and a Young, Black & Deadly compilation (Koori Radio).
In other News
Amy Vee – All Access competition winner
Abbey Road throwdown mix comp