Studios 301 is the largest professional recording facility in the Southern Hemisphere with a rich 90 year history of recording, mixing and mastering to the highest industry standards.
As an industry leader, we have taken interns for work experience for many decades. We are proud to offer an opportunity to up-and-coming music professionals who are interested in recording, mixing or mastering.
To align with the relaunch of our multimillion dollar recording facility, we are re-launching the Studios 301 Internship Program in February 2018.
If you are interested in applying, please see the information below.
About the Intern Program
Studios 301 believes in honouring tradition, whilst contributing to the progression of music and music production. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced and awarded audio engineers in the industry, while gaining hands on experience in our one of a kind facility. We are seeking motivated, hard-working and responsible candidates who are interested in learning the craft of audio engineering and expanding their professional networks.
As a Studios 301 intern, you will be gaining experience directly with our Studio Runners, taking part in:
- Session setup, including amps, drums, mics, other equipment and patching.
- Session breakdown and recalls.
- The daily up-keep routines, including facility prep, cleaning and maintenance.
- Servicing our clients with tea, coffee, meals and other requests.
- Basic equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Cataloging of studio equipment
- There may also be opportunities to sit in on recording sessions.
We are looking for Australia’s next generation of producers and engineers. These individuals will have a devotion to music and music production, be keen to learn, happy to help, have a great attitude and be thirsty to be part of a studio community.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be an Australian Resident.
- You must have a ravenous interest in audio engineering and music production.
- You must have some prior experience – formal qualifications, complimentary professional experience, or a body of work behind you.
- You must be available 32 hours a week.
- Audio engineering experience and knowledge of Protools is a plus, however it is not mandatory.
- Our internship ranges between 3-6 months with future paid opportunities.
- Please read, and re-read the above information. If it 110% doesn’t resonate with you, please don’t apply.
- Send your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are interested to
- If we would like to talk further with you, we will ask that you complete an online questionnaire, before possibly being asked for a interview.
- With over 300 applications per year, we simply don’t have the capacity to handle phone enquiries, so please don’t call.