Studios 301 is the largest professional recording facility in the Southern Hemisphere with a rich 90 year history of recording, mixing and mastering to the highest industry standards.
As an industry leader, we have taken interns for work experience for many decades. We are proud to offer an opportunity to up-and-coming music professionals who are interested in recording, mixing or mastering.
Applications are now open. Submissions are taken on a continuous and rolling basis.
About the Intern Program
Studios 301 believes in honouring tradition, whilst contributing to the progression of music and music production. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced and awarded audio engineers in the industry, while gaining hands on experience in our one of a kind facility. We are seeking motivated, hard-working and responsible candidates who are interested in learning the craft of audio engineering and expanding their professional networks.
As a Studios 301 intern, you will be gaining experience directly with our Studio Runners, taking part in:
- Session setup, including amps, drums, mics, other equipment and patching.
- Session breakdown and recalls.
- The daily up-keep routines, including facility prep, cleaning and maintenance.
- Servicing our clients with tea, coffee, meals and other requests.
- Basic equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Cataloging of studio equipment
- There may also be opportunities to sit in on recording sessions.
We are looking for Australia’s next generation of producers and engineers. These individuals will have a devotion to music and music production, be keen to learn, happy to help, have a great attitude and be thirsty to be part of a studio community.
Please do not email or call once your application is submitted to check on its status. One of our friendly internship coordinators will be in touch with you about your application.